Job Opening: Social Services – Mitigation Coordinator Position (Forensic Social Work)
Full time position with competitive salary and excellent benefit package, salary based upon qualifications. Provides a variety of social services to an indigent population charged with criminal offenses. Work as a member of the defense team, addressing mental illness, substance abuse, sex offenses, and mitigation in Capital Homicide cases.
• Communicates daily with attorneys regarding mental health referrals.
• Reviews individual’s extensive mental health history, records.
• Meets with clients in court or Salt Lake County Jail to interview, screen for competency, treatment services and possible sentencing alternatives, etc..
• Arranges for specialty forensic evaluations for client.
• Attends court proceedings on behalf of LDA clients.
• Prepares Motions and Orders, tracks Orders.
• Develops detailed written reports and sentencing plans for defense counsel, Judges, prosecutors and other personnel.
• Extensive mitigation interviews, research and records review in preparation for preparing mitigation in Capital Homicide cases.
• Collaborates with community providers in determining eligibility and arranging enrollment in services.
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with community mental health and corrections providers.
• Provides court proceeding information to providers.
Requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in social work, social science, or mental health with two years of experience with mentally ill criminal justice populations. Cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018.