Work on behalf of clients as an attorney, investigator, social worker, or legal secretary. LDA is looking for applicants with the skills and training to perform at the highest level of advocacy. In all positions, LDA needs people with a demonstrated passion for defending the less fortunate.
Open positions are posted here. We also announce open positions on our Facebook page and on twitter @SLLegalDefender. For specific inquiries into current openings at LDA, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trial Attorneys
- Appellate Attorneys
- Social Services: Mitigation Coordinator
- Investigators & Investigative Aides
- Legal Assistants
Candidates must possess strong people skills, the ability to look beyond assumptions, and the willingness to reexamine facts. Tenacity and creativity are also important job skills. LDA offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Candidates must be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment. LDA offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Law Clerks & Internships
Appellate Law Clerks
LDA hires law students as law clerks on a fairly regular basis. Those law students with particular talents in research and writing and who have an interest in working for a public defender should submit a current resume, cover letter outlining your interest in working for LDA, and a legal writing sample to: email@example.com.
LDA also offers unpaid internships for law students.
Receptionist/Administrative Legal Assistant
The Receptionist/Administrative Legal Assistant will be responsible to
• Greet clients and other visitors via phone and in-person and direct them to the appropriate person.
• Review and prepare documents
• Review court filings
• Create files for new cases
• Review database systems
• General administrative and office support
• Preferred proficiency in English and Spanish
• Expert in Outlook applications
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Business etiquette, manners and standards
• Problem Solving
• Curiosity and a continuous learner
• Good general technology skills
• Enjoys technology
• Experience using databases
Job Type: Full-time
Please provide a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.