Court-Ordered Community Service, Assessments, Treatment and Classes

The information provided below is designed to provide you with general information about obtaining court-ordered assessments, treatment, classes and completing court-ordered community service. If you are being supervised by Salt Lake County Probation or AP&P, they may have specific classes or locations where they want you to attend. Follow their instructions. Please contact your attorney if you have questions or need further assistance.

Court-ordered community service must be completed at either a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or an approved state, county, or city organization or facility. Let the non-profit know up front that your volunteering is court-ordered because some non-profits may have additional rules or regulations. You will be expected to provide proof of your hours to the court or your probation officer. Generally, you will be expected to provide proof of your hours on a letterhead from organization, signed by the individual who supervised you. Chose an organization that you will enjoy volunteering with. Be respectful, timely, and helpful. The court or your probation officer will likely contact the organization where you completed your community service. The court could determine that you violated the terms of your probation if you fabricate your hours or were unhelpful to the non-profit.

Click here for court-approved organizations where you can complete your community service.

If you are a non-profit and are interested in referrals, please contact us.